At Logimeter, you're in good company.
We invest in our people and help them to grow with us. We are proud of the calibre of our people and are successful because of them. We recognise and reward success and look for people who share our passion for innovation and customer service excellence.
Please find our current openings below:
Senior Software Developer
Logimeter is a fast growing, profitable, tech company based in Newlands, Cape Town. We help over 5 000 companies make sense of their sales leads, advertising spend and staff performance with our software, services and telecommunications infrastructure.
We're looking for enthusiastic, experienced software developers to join us and help to solve a challenging set of problems in space packed full of opportunities.
Though this is a software dev role, there will be lots of opportunities to learn and contribute to telecommunications engineering, DevOps, interface design, complex data analytics, database administration, networking, and software development methodologies. We're hiring based on attitude, aptitude, and delivery.
The responsibilities of Logimeter Software Developers include:
- Communication: in and open, clear, precise, and hopefully lighthearted manner.
- Best practices: stay current, and help implement. Fight for them.
- Quantity of work: strive to get 1% faster and more efficient every day.
- Quality: it matters in old and new code.
- Fix legacy code; don't sweep problems under the mat.
- Safeguard and protect customers' and Logimeter's data and intellectual property.
- Solving the real-problem-at-hand. The real-problem-at-hand may not even be known, and the spec may be misleading. It will require some tenacious digging.
- Help and train colleagues (you were once there) and customers.
- Processes: critically evaluate them, improve them, and help implement them.
Most importantly, you are responsible for solving real-world problems, not writing code.
"Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away" Antoine de Saint-Exupery, 1939
What’s in it for you:
Build greenfield projects for eager clients
Learn and experiment with the latest technology
Create products in a flexible, fun environment
Work with a bunch of people who like to have fun, get stuff done, and get products into the market
You'll be joining a young, energetic team with a wealth of experience to share. New projects come fast, so you'll be continuously learning, engaging with new technologies, business ideas and new practices.
We believe in focusing on your strengths, and so your role will be tailored to your skill set and personal development plan.
You will work closely with the Lead Developer in order to develop and deploy new software and features.
Graduated in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, or similar.
Comfort with Linux, Git, SSH, etc.
Experience with SQL databases.
A fast and methodical, curious and analytical, mind.
Seizes ownership, and Initiative.
Solid verbal and written communication skills.
While not a necessity, we value experience with the following:
Great user experiences (UX)
Django, DRF, Celery, Fabric
Kanban, Agile (without the BS)
FreeSWITCH / Asterisk
This position is based in Newlands, Cape Town, but remote candidates can still apply.
We will give priority consideration to candidates supplying a pragmatic solution to the following puzzle: